1 T olive oil
2 small eggplants, unpeeled, finely chopped into tiny pieces
1/4 C water
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 T garlic powder
2 T chopped basil
1 T parsley
1 1/2 C Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 jar (about 2 cups) of your favorite tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add eggplant and water.
- Season eggplant with salt, pepper, garlic, basil, and parsley.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until well mixed and tender.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, mix breadcrumbs, egg, and mozzarella cheese.
7. Add eggplant mixture to breadcrumb mixture and stir until breadcrumbs become moist.
8. Use a spoon (or your hands!) to form 2 inch balls. Place on greased baking sheet.
9. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, or until golden.
10. Mix in with your favorite tomato sauce. I used my own homemade sauce.
11. Serve with pasta and enjoy! Don’t forget a little parmesan cheese to top it off.
*Note: The eggplant meatballs soaked up a lot of the sauce. You may wish to add more sauce if you prefer.
I used a Chop Wizard to slice up my eggplant.